CWCf is a faith-based 501-C (3) non-profit organized to
- Proclaim the Good News of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ to those in the construction Industry
- Promote mature Christian living and witnessing among believers who work in construction-related jobs
- Prepare youth for life by connecting them with godly mentors and equipping them with basic construction skills
- Provide service opportunities for Christians with construction skills
Jim Hodges got the vision for CWCf in the late 1960’s. It was incorporated in 1970, and since then has sent hundreds of volunteer work teams to various places in the US and twenty foreign countries. Dave Williamson joined CWCf in 2002, assuming the role of President in 2006. He was appointed CEO in 2007. Jim Hodges officially retired in 2016, after nearly 50 years of service to the Mission.
- CWCf has been an IRS approved 501-C (3) non-profit since November 1971. The leadership is under a Board of Directors to which the CEO is responsible. The main office is located in Longview, Washington.
- CWCf is financially supported by the gifts of individuals and churches. Our Building In Youth division has also been awarded a number of grants from interested foundations.
- CWCf assists only on projects for established mission groups, churches, camps or schools, or other Christian non-profit organizations that have evangelism and Christian growth as their main goal, who are in agreement with our Statement of Faith, and whose need and project has been carefully and prayerfully evaluated by the CWCf staff authorized by our Board of Directors.
- CWCf is not affiliated with any particular church or denomination but is evangelical in outlook and conservative in doctrine. Read more…
- CWCf publishes occasional newsletters available by surface mail or electronically. Download the latest copy.